CANCELLED Sorry Willow Bank is indefinitely closed. Re-opening when the "traffic light system" turns GREEN.…
Unfortunately we had to cancel our open day for 3rd October because of covid restrictions.
Willow Bank Heritage Village Open Day – Sunday 3rd October, 10am – 3pm.
Come and visit our lovely Edwardian Style Heritage Village, there are 20+ Shops to explore. All connected with working Bakelite Phones.
- We have a school, and a school teacher Miss Baigent, come and have a 1900s school experience.
- We have a cinema playing with film on our super 8 film projector.
- The Wakefield Scouts run a target shooting range, lots of fun..
- A Dress shop ( you can actually try on and wear the clothes around the village!!)
- A so called “Circulating Library” – a selection of vintage books and reading books for you to look through
- A Dolls museum. A stunning collection of antique dolls, teddies and miniatures.
- Electrical Shop, Dentist, Doctors, School house, Bakery, Barber all filled with interesting things from the past.
- Come for lunch.
- If you’re hungry we have; The Victorian Cafe -where we serve vintage style treats, tea and coffee, all served on beautiful china by our Victorian Ladies.
- Have a burger at our 1950s Burger Bar, a fundraiser for our local Wakefield Scouts group.
- Next Door we have one more food destination, our 1970’s Milk Bar. Here you will find some good old kiwi classics such as a spider, ice creams and milkshakes.
All our food is sold as a fundraiser to go back into the village and improve and expand what we already have.
DATE: Sunday 3rd October, 2021
TIME: 10am – 3pm
ENTRY: $2 per person or $5 per family
WHERE: 79 Wakefield-Kohatu Highway (1km South of Wakefield)
OUR EVENT IS RUN BY VOLUNTEERS, AND WE CAN’T DO OUR MONTHLY OPEN DAYS WITHOUT VOLUNTEERS.
If you are interested in volunteering some of your time to help at the open day, please contact Christine at [email protected]