CANCELLED Sorry Willow Bank is indefinitely closed. Re-opening when the "traffic light system" turns GREEN.…
Willow Bank Heritage Village Evening Event Friday 9th April 5pm – 8pm.
Our village will be all lit up, with Hot Rods on display. Our Burger Bar, Milk Bar and Victorian Cafe will be open for food / drinks. We also have our outside cinema playing with film on our super 8 film projector.
There are 20+ Shops to explore. All connected with working Bakelite Phones.
- A Dress shop – you can actually try on and wear the clothes around the village!!
- The Wakefield Scouts run a target shooting range, lots of fun.
- We have a school, and a school teacher Ms Baigent, come and have a 1900s school experience.
- A Photography Studio – Take your own photos in here. Check out our handpainted backdrop – a copy from a vintage original. Plus an amazing collection of photos.
- If you’re hungry we have; The Victorian Cafe -where we serve vintage style treats, tea and coffee, all served on beautiful china by our Victorian Ladies.
- Have a burger at our 1950s Burger Bar, a fundraiser for our local Wakefield Scouts group.
- Next Door we have one more food destination, our 1970’s Milk Bar. Here you will find some good old kiwi classics such as a Spider, ice creams and Milkshakes.
- A Circulating Library – a selection of vintage books and reading nooks
- A Dolls museum. A stunning collection of antique dolls, teddies and miniatures.
- Electrical Shop, Dentist, Doctors, School house, Bakery, Barber all filled with interesting things from the past.
All our food is sold as a fundraiser to go back into the village and improve and expand what we already have.
DATE: Friday 9th April
TIME: 5pm – 8pm
ENTRY: Free Entry, Donations accepted and appreciated.
WHERE: 79 Wakefield-Kohatu Highway (1km South of Wakefield)
OUR EVENT IS RUN BY VOLUNTEERS, AND WE CAN’T DO OUR MONTHLY OPEN DAYS WITHOUT VOLUNTEERS.
If you are interested in volunteering some of your time to help at the open day, please contact Christine at [email protected]